At present the clinic is closed for standard face-to-face treatments. We can now provide chiropractic or acupuncture treatment in emergency situations only. This is only if you do not fall into one of the vulnerable groups. At present if you contact us for treatment we can offer advice remotely, and if this doesn’t help a face-to-face treatment may be possible. We hope to return to more standard treatment soon when we, our governing bodies, and the government feel it is safe to do so. We can still organise consultations online (counselling; nutritional advice; herbal medicine to existing patients; online structural diagnosis, advice and self help). More importantly we can offer friendship and support, so please keep in touch (we mean it!) You can contact us on email@example.com, phone or message on 0780 3937253 (Danny) 07900 696978 (Simon), or leave a message on the usual number. We will put you in touch with the relevant practitioner.
If you do visit the clinic we will kindly ask you to follow the following advice. This is a long list, and we apologise for the inconvenience, and remind you that we are all taking these measures to protect each other and our most vulnerable people.
- Hand Washing: Please wash your hands on entering and leaving the clinic in the areas provided.
- Face Masks: Please wear a face mask when in the clinic. If you don’t have one, we can provide you with one.
- Acute Illness: If you have any symptoms of Coronavirus (COVID-19) such as a temperature, a new continuous cough, or changes to or loss of sense of smell or taste, have had recent contact with somebody with these symptoms, or have returned from abroad within the last two weeks please DO NOT come to the clinic, self isolate, and follow instructions here.
- Clinic Reception: Clinic reception is closed. Please wait in your car, or somewhere appropriate nearby, and your practitioner will phone or text you when it is time for your appointment and meet you outside the front door. This allows us to properly sanitise the clinic room in between patients. We may take your temperature (infra-red non-touch thermometer) before you enter the building.
- Door Handles: Please wait for your practitioner to open all doors for you on entering and leaving the clinic.
- Clothing: Please wear appropriate clothing (loose fitting clothes, or sports/swim wear under your clothes) as we will not be using blankets or gowns at this time. We would recommend that you change and wash your clothes on returning home.
- Payment: We will kindly ask you to pay with a contactless card in the clinic room, or by bank transfer during this time rather than cash, cheque or reception card machine.
- Toilets: We would like to minimise use of the clinic toilets. If you need to use the toilet please clean any area that you come into contact with before and after use using the products provided (including handles and taps).
- Food, Drink, Bags: We would kindly ask that you don’t bring anything into the clinic with you at this time, and that no food or drink is consumed in the clinic.
- Chaperones: Please do not bring anybody else with you unless it is necessary (in which case please let your practitioner know before the treatment).
- Social Distancing: We are taking measures to ensure that you do not meet other patients when visiting the clinic. We remind you of the rules of keeping at least 2m apart from other people should you meet anybody (2m areas are demarked with black tape).
- Vulnerable Groups: Please check with your practitioner before coming into the clinic if you fall into any of the vulnerable groups (this includes high and moderate risk).
- Bookings: We will be making ongoing bookings electronically – you will be emailed confirmation and reminders of your appointments.
- PPE. Your practitioner will be wearing the appropriate PPE recommended by their governing body. If you would like a practitioner to wear more PPE please discuss this with them before your appointment.
- This is a lot of information. If you have any questions, or would like more information, please contact us.
About the Clinic
The Cheltenham Clinic of Acupuncture and Chiropractic was initially founded in 1978 by acupuncturists Mike Eatough and Annie Fitzgerald at Faunconberg Lodge. On moving to Clarence Square in 1985 we evolved to include other practitioners and were joined by chiropractor Simon Spearing in 1991 and acupuncturist Danny Blyth in 1998. In 2001 the clinic moved to Ormond Terrace and in 2005 to our present address at 199 Bath Road. Simon and Danny now run the practice and offer a bright, light and friendly clinic. Every effort is made to accommodate disabilities and each room has an electronically controlled bench that can go very low to ensure ease of access. We are also extremely child friendly.
We maintain the highest reputation; all of our practitioners are fully qualified, accredited and insured. They are also members of their respective professional associations.
Practitioners are both happy and willing to speak to you on the phone, prior to your making an appointment, if you wish.
The clinic is open Monday to Friday, 8am to early evening.
Times vary according to practitioner.
If you would like to speak to a receptionist please telephone
01242 241933 between 10.00am and 1.00 pm.
Outside of these hours please leave a message on our answer machine and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
Please click to read our GDPR Privacy Notice
The Cheltenham Clinic of
Acupuncture and Chiropractic
199 Bath Road
t: 01242 241933